I know that you can buy roasted peppers just about anywhere nowadays, but they just don’t taste as good as the ones I make myself. I’m not sure why that is, except possibly their freshness—I just know that the flavor is totally different and that with a grill pan it is so easy to do there’s no reason not to.
You can keep them for a week in the refrigerator. I don’t add any olive oil because I find it alters the natural, subtlety of the peppers and that’s what I like best.
They are perfect for adding a burst of flavor to sandwiches such as smoked
I use green and red peppers, because I find they peel better then the multi-colored ones.
• Place the grill pan in the oven, about 2/3 of the way up
• Pre-heat the pan under the broiler for about 10 minutes or until it is very hot
• Place the peppers on the pan under the broiler
• When the skins start to burn, turn the peppers making certain the skins are well charred
• Once the outside of the peppers are completely burned place them in a brown paper bag or in a covered plastic container
• Close the bag or container tightly to let the peppers steam and cool off
• Once they are cool you should be able to easily peel the all the skins off
• Use immediately, or store them in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Here are 3 reasons why you need them.
Accessories are the secret to great style and are what French Women depend on to create their unique style.
Here is why you need to incorporate them into your style.
I love setting the table for Easter dinner. It is the time of the year when nature comes back to life and I’m thrilled it’s Spring!
Similar to the way I dress, I have basics that I depend on to set the table and accessories I count on to dress it up and create a different look.