I know that you can buy roasted peppers just about anywhere nowadays, but they just don’t taste as good as the ones I make myself. I’m not sure why that is, except possibly their freshness—I just know that the flavor is totally different and that with a grill pan it is so easy to do there’s no reason not to.
You can keep them for a week in the refrigerator. I don’t add any olive oil because I find it alters the natural, subtlety of the peppers and that’s what I like best.
They are perfect for adding a burst of flavor to sandwiches such as smoked
I use green and red peppers, because I find they peel better then the multi-colored ones.
• Place the grill pan in the oven, about 2/3 of the way up
• Pre-heat the pan under the broiler for about 10 minutes or until it is very hot
• Place the peppers on the pan under the broiler
• When the skins start to burn, turn the peppers making certain the skins are well charred
• Once the outside of the peppers are completely burned place them in a brown paper bag or in a covered plastic container
• Close the bag or container tightly to let the peppers steam and cool off
• Once they are cool you should be able to easily peel the all the skins off
• Use immediately, or store them in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week
Comments will be approved before showing up.